2010-07-15: AMS Cloud Physics and Atmospheric Radiation 2010



I presented a poster at the 2010 13th Conference on Cloud Physics 13th Conference on Atmospheric Radiation in Portland Oregon, June 28 - July 2. This was my first atmospheric science meeting in the 2 years since taking off from NASA to attend full-time graduate studies at Old Dominion University. It was good to be back and catch up on old and new atmospheric sciences research being conducted by my colleages and others.

This conference takes place every 4 years. There were approximately 300 hundred scientists from around the world in attendance of which 60-70 were from NASA Langley. This was one of our important conferences to showcase our latest cloud and radiation results and products. Clouds and the Earth's Radiant Energy System (CERES) group were well represented. It seem like everyone at Langley who works on CERES were there. I saw many familiar faces and met several new CERES folks.

My paper was entitled Alternative Method for Data Fusion of NASA CERES and A-TRAIN datasets: An Evaluation of Triplestore. This paper examines a different method for placing geospatial scientific data into a Triplestore and ultimately directly on the World Wide Web where they can be indexed, discovered, and addressed. The mapping of geospatial data (or fusion) to a geo-location and Triplestore queries were presented at a high level.

I was disappointed that I did not plan a day trip to Mount St. Helens. My friend, who went with his family, said it was spectacular. I did however managed a late afternoon trip to Mt. Hood. The 1.5 hour drive was very scenic. I took this picture with my iPhone. It was my first trip in Oregon and it wont be my last.

-- Louis

Comments